Friday, July 25, 2008

Dork Fantasy Fulfilled!

Yesterday I had the experience of being in my first Comic Con panel evaaaarrr.

My awesome bosses included me in our panel for the new PBS cartoon "As the Wrench Turns" based on the NPR Car Talk radio show.- (Production Department...REPRESENT!)

I got to wax philosophic about the nuances of Producing and show the Car Talk audience that people in their 20s and weren't dudes were also a part of making the show.

Much like this character:

Note: by wax philosophic I actually mean mumble incoherently, ramble, leave my body whilst babbling like a brook...etc..

The panel was a great success I felt. Unfortunately you can't tell from the photos but we filled our room, and people laughed at the clips of our show, we got some great questions from the crowd and no tomatoes were thrown by diehard SUV drivers in the audience. RAD!

Enough talk-here are some pictures!

Putting on my gameface..." 'Sup?!"

Pre-panel banter with Larry Locke and our esteemed director, Tom Sito.

Waiting to start blah blahing on the panel.
That's Disney Legend Floyd Norman and Tom Minton, the BRAIN to my right.
Time to get serious. Howard Grossman our Exec Producer introduces the team. Bill Kroyer, our Exec. Producer of Animation, Tom Sito our director, and Stephen Silver our lead Character Designer extraordinaire to my left.


The best souvenir from Comic Con-my panel card!

With a friendly reminder not to swear and pollute young minds.

2 comments:

sadiegrrrl said...

first panel of many! horray for helen...you know there's all sorts of animation dorks with a big ol' crush on the cute girl (that's you!)

Jodi said...

Sorry I couldn't make it to your panel. I had hamsters to sell, yo.